Hello, everyone~ (‘∀’●)♡
Ever wonder how to achieve bigger-looking eyes, a more dramatic appearance, or just want longer, flawless eyelashes in general? You should try wearing false eyelashes or both false eyelashes and bottom lashes together! With a pair, they can instantly change or amp up your look for any occasion!
While using mascara may help extend your natural lashes for the event, there are many times when it just doesn’t cut it for me. More than half the time, I would often find myself feeling dissatisfied because they look nothing like the commercial model’s. I just wasn’t feeling it.
When I started using makeup, a few friends of mine introduced me to false eyelashes or “falsies” for short. Oh, how I used to marvel and admire all the pretty Japanese and Korean models’ pretty eyelashes, along with their circle lens! ♥♥♥ Now, you can achieve similar looks too!
Here are 7 basic facts about falsies:
1. False eyelashes and bottom lashes come in a variety of sizes, types, and looks! There are natural-looking lashes, huge doll-like ones, straight-plain lashes, and so on forth! All of them though needs to be applied onto the top of your eyelids, with an eyelash glue before putting on any kind of makeup.
I, on the other hand…put them on–after putting on my makeup, because I am a rebel. But it’s highly recommended that you put them on BEFORE applying on makeup.
2. The material that makes false eyelashes and bottom lashes range from real Human hair, mink fur, and plastic (synthetic). Human hair-made ones appear more natural and therefore, blend more along with your other natural lashes while plastic falsies tend to be a lot stiffer and shinier.
3. Last year, I had bought about $5 worth of falsies, each box being $1 from eBay online. The price with these items varies from about a dollar for 10 pairs-set up to probably over $20 and up…for ONE PAIR. For the most part, you pay for what you get. I currently have my sight on a few pairs for about $12, because they are much, much higher-quality ones than the sets I currently have–and they meet my preferences: doll-like, soft, and natural. I want to achieve a more cute, innocent appearance with them.
4. It’s good to be picky with what kind of false eyelashes and bottom lashes you want, because I believe it shows that you know what appearance you are going for whether it is sexy, cute, dramatic, or just natural. Sometimes, it takes time to experiment with various brands before settling on what helped you achieve that particular look the best. For me, I am still experimenting but I feel that I am getting close to the holy grail of a doll-like appearance!
5. The same pair of falsies can be used up from about 3 to 20 times, depending on the quality. The higher the quality, the more times you can reuse it. To make even the cheapest kind last longer, do NOT put on mascara after putting on the pair of falsies. It will only lead to buildup.
6. To remove falsies, carefully apply makeup remover on a cotton swab and put it all over your eyelash. Then, slowly peel the false eyelash off with your fingers from one end to the other. Doing it this way will prevent you from tearing off any of your natural lashes.
7. Clean your falsies if you want to reuse them again after the first-time use. You can do this by cleaning them with a cotton swab and eye makeup remover to get rid of the adhesive glue, dirt, and or mascara. Afterwards, you may store them in the case they came in or in a jar.
False eyelashes and bottom lashes can be used everyday or saved for special occasions. They can be quite difficult to put on for new users but once you get the hang of it, it’ll be easy and quick~ Nevertheless, I hope you find these 7 basic facts useful and that they will help you in the long run as well.
Love, Yoko ♥