☆ Hello, everyone! ☆
If you are on a tight budget and have oily skin like mine, you might have wished from time to time that you can whip up something quick and easy to lose that face shine.
Something…like an egg face mask?
For those of you who are curious, egg yolk is known to benefit the skin because of its abilities to help hydrate, nourish, and moisturize. Egg yolk is mostly made up of water and fats, a perfect water-binding agent that locks moisture into your skin cells, leaving it soft and supple. The key nutrients that can be found in egg yolk are: Protein, vitamin A, vitamin B2, vitamin B3, and zinc.
Protein promotes skin elasticity and repair; vitamin A helps heal dry, flaky, and itchy skin; vitamin B2 protects your skin cells from free radicals; vitamin B3 hydrates skin cells and treats inflammatory skin conditions; and zinc treats acne and pimples while also, slowing down signs of skin aging.
Well, here is an easy egg face mask made for oily skin types, requiring only 3 ingredients!
Egg Mask (Oily Skin Type):
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
1 teaspoon of honey
1. Start off with separating the egg whites from the egg yolk if you haven’t already. Make sure to have the egg yolk remaining in your small bowl.
2. Now, place your 1 tsp of lemon juice and 1 tsp of honey on top of the egg yolk.
3. Pick up the fork and start combining the 3 ingredients together by stirring everything up with the fork.
4. After a minute, if the mixture looks overall well mixed, you may stop stirring and put the fork away.
5. Make sure your face is clean of any lotion, makeup, dirt, and so on forth. If you are not wearing anything on your face, you should rinse your face with water and drying/patting it down with a towel. Another suggestion would include taking a warm shower to open up your pores.
6. Dip a cotton ball or your fingers into the small bowl of egg mixture. Make sure to apply it all over your face.
7. Let the egg mask sit from about 15 – 20 minutes.
8. After time is up, remove the mask over a bathroom sink with your typical washing methods (water, soap, etc.).
How did just using this egg face mask made me feel? °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
After washing it off my face, my skin felt so unbelievably soft and oil-free! （*´▽｀*）Before, my skin had been dull, and after wearing the mask plus washing, I almost immediately noticed that my skin also brightened! I was so blown away by the results, that I may swear by this simple egg mask now! (⁎⚈᷀᷁▿⚈᷀᷁⁎)
Considering that this was my first time making and using a homemade egg mask, it was a really positive experience. The egg mask is made up of common kitchen ingredients that you can find in a local US grocery store, it’s easy, and it can be made really quickly. I will highly suggest this DIY skin care recipe to loved ones and friends!
Have you ever tried an egg mask? If so, how was your experience with it? If you enjoyed reading this, please leave a comment below or like this post~
Love, Yoko ♥